The Mobile Attic has a relatively small presence in the American mobile moving and storage container market. They’ve been in business for 15 years and have slowly grown from their first outlet located in Columbia, South Carolina to now having 20 locations across 9 states in the U.S. southeast.
The Mobile Attic containers are unlike any other portable unit in the business. They are of all-metal construction yet designed to be sturdy, weather-resistant, and light-weight. The frames are steel and the wall panels are aluminum sheet with plastic inserts to protect the interior and provide insulation. The roofs are a slightly arched aluminum design to shed heat, rain, and snow as well as to protect the valuables inside.
In-Depth Look at The Mobile Attic
The Mobile Attic containers have steel tracked floors that allow safe, secure, and easy loading on and off their delivery trucks. At a maximum capacity of 8,000 pounds, these containers are some of the most heavy-duty units available.
The portable containers come in four standard sizes. They range from 8 feet by 8 feet up to 8 feet by 20 feet and stay within the regular highway load width that eliminates the need for expensive wide load permits and escorts.
The Mobile Attic makes every effort to make their customers’ moving and storage experience easy. Benefits of using their portable containers are:
- No rush in packing and loading — The containers are available at the customer’s location for as long as necessary.
- Storage for interim transit — The Mobile Attic locations provide warehouse space.
- Security — The containers are individually lockable and the warehouses have modern security systems.
- No hourly fees — The Mobile Attic works entirely on flat rates.
- Convenient and flexible — The Mobile Attic works with the customer to provide the best service and solution to individual moving and storage needs.
The Mobile Attic also provides a sales department for their specialized containers as well as a large inventory of surplus “sea-cans” in both 20 and 40-foot lengths.